Of the billions of mobile phone owners in the world, almost all of them are using their devices to text. In the U.S. alone it’s estimated that there are 250 million people using their phones daily roughly resulting in 18 billion texts exchanged every single day.
If you’re finding yourself on this page it’s safe to assume you’re interested in learning more about SMS marketing. Maybe you’re already aware of its ability to reach and engage audiences at levels far surpassing any other digital marketing tool. Or perhaps this is the first you’re hearing about it. No matter your level of expertise, this guide has something for you.
In the following seven chapters we’ll cover:
- What makes SMS marketing different from other digital tools
- The basics of getting started with SMS
- How to gather mobile phone numbers for your marketing list
- Legal text marketing guidelines
- General tips for success
- How to integrate SMS with your other business tools
- How to measure campaign efficacy
- Example use cases from businesses actively using text marketing
So, where does one even begin when getting started with text marketing? We’ve found as good a place as any to lay down a foundation is by addressing the “why.” More specifically, why SMS as opposed to (or in some instances as an addition to) other communication methods.
Up Next: What Makes SMS Marketing Different?