How to Schedule a Text Message
With SimpleTexting’s text scheduling feature, you can send SMS text messages right from your computer or cell phone. No need to wait up for the perfect time to send a text—you can schedule all of your important SMS messages ahead of time. Text scheduling can be used together with autoresponders to automate text marketing even further. With this kind of freedom, you can create all the important texts in your calendar all at once.
Sending Scheduled Texts with SimpleTexting
Our SMS scheduler makes sending messages as easy as a few clicks. We’ll walk you through it step-by-step. When you’re ready to try it yourself, click here to sign up for a free trial.
1. Navigate to Messaging > New campaign. Once you’ve given your campaign a name, selected your intended recipients, and composed your SMS message, click Next.
2. On the next page, select the Clock icon.
3. Choose the date and time you want your message to be sent out, then click Set time. Take note of the time zone, which can be changed in your settings.
4. Double check the time and date, and your message, just to be sure. If everything looks good, click Confirm and schedule! Done. Our platform will take care of the rest.
Scheduling a Text on iPhone or Android
Our text message scheduler is also available on Android and iOS devices! To use it, just follow the same steps as above. Download our app on the App Store or Google Play to start managing your messages on the go.
Schedule a Text to One Contact
Our text marketing platform and mass text message app let you schedule bulk messages to as many people as you need. But texting is great for personal communication, too. Our 1-on-1 business texting platform is designed for customer service, or any other instance where you may need to connect on an individual level. Here’s how to schedule a text message to just one contact:
1. Make sure you’re logged into your business texting account. Write a new message, then click the Clock icon.
2. Choose the time and date you’d like to schedule your text for, then click Schedule message.
3. Done! Your text message is scheduled. If you need to, feel free to send your message immediately or change the time and date.
Two Types of Scheduled Text Messages
When it comes to automated text messages, there are a couple of different kinds. Let’s walk through the two main ways you can schedule SMS messages.
1. Scheduled Texts
Scheduled texts, sometimes referred to as delayed texts, are messages you write in advanced. You select the specific time and date you’d like them to go out, and our platform sends them out as the specifics time.
Autoresponders are SMS text messages that automatically send a set period of time after someone joins your list. Learn more about text message autoresponders here.