How to Schedule a Text Message
Sending a Scheduled Text Message with SimpleTexting
Our SMS scheduler makes sending messages as easy as a few clicks. We’ll walk you through it step-by-step. When you’re ready to try it yourself, click here to sign up for a free trial.
1. Navigate to Messaging > New campaign. Once you’ve given your campaign a name, selected your intended recipients, and composed your SMS message, click Next.
2. On the next page, select the Clock icon.
3. Choose the date and time you want your message to be sent out, then click Set time. Take note of the time zone, which can be changed in your settings.
4. Double check the time and date, and your message, just to be sure. If everything looks good, click Confirm and schedule! Done. Our platform will take care of the rest.
Scheduling a Text on iPhone or Android
Our text message scheduler is also available on Android and iOS devices! To use it, just follow the same steps as above. Download our app on the App Store or Google Play to start managing your messages on the go.
Schedule a Text to One Contact
Our text marketing platform and mass text message app let you schedule bulk messages to as many people as you need. But texting is great for personal communication, too. Our 1-on-1 business texting platform is designed for customer service, or any other instance where you may need to connect on an individual level. Here’s how to schedule a text message to just one contact:
1. Make sure you’re logged into your business texting account. Write a new message, then click the Clock icon.
2. Choose the time and date you’d like to schedule your text for, then click Schedule message.
3. Done! Your text message is scheduled. If you need to, feel free to send your message immediately or change the time and date.
Types of Scheduled Text Messages
When it comes to automated text messages, there are a couple of different kinds. Let’s walk through the three main ways you can schedule SMS messages.
1. Scheduled Texts
Scheduled texts, sometimes referred to as delayed texts, are messages you write in advance. You select the specific time and date you’d like them to go out, and our platform sends them out at that specific time.
Autoresponders are SMS text messages that automatically send a set period of time after someone joins your list. For example, you could set up a series of welcome messages that each user receives after subscribing to your list. Or schedule an autoresponder to send a coupon one month after a customer joins your text program!
Thanks to our integration with Zapier, you can set up a message to send based on more advanced actions taken with another tool your business uses. For example, if you’re an online store using Shopify, you can create a “zap” that automatically sends a text message to customers with abandoned carts!
Why Schedule Your Text Messages in Advance?
Here are just a few of the things scheduling texts can help your business accomplish.
– Follow up with leads: 35–50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first. Speed matters, so why not create an autoresponder that gets you in touch with a lead within seconds of them expressing interest.
– Send a welcome message: Create a strong first impression and deliver a positive customer experience from the first moment a customer interacts with your brand.
– Collect customer reviews: About 95% of customers read reviews before making a purchase. Help your business keep up a steady stream of reviews by automatically sending a review-request text message days after purchase.
– Set up an out-of-office message: You may want to set up an away message to keep your customers in the loop and let them know you’re gone and when they can expect to hear back from you.
– Send a birthday text: Let your customers know you’re thinking of them without any extra effort by scheduling a birthday text to send annually on their special day.