The Ultimate Guide to Small Business Marketing
With all of the marketing channels available today, creating a marketing plan for your small business can be overwhelming. As technology evolves, many of the platforms and options available to small business owners for marketing their products and services also seem to evolve at a daunting pace — staying on top of (and implementing) the latest trends can be a job in itself!
Thankfully, there are ways to be successful while keeping it simple. We’re here to help!
This SimpleGuide to Marketing for Small Businesses teaches you how to identify your goals, target your customers, develop your messaging strategy and customize it for different platforms, and use data analytics to measure your results.
How Small Businesses Can Use This Guide
Each section of the SimpleTexting Guide to Marketing for Small Businesses includes a helpful checklist that provides a general overview of what steps you’ll need to take in order to be successful.
We encourage you to revisit this guide and review the checklists periodically as you refine your campaigns and develop new ones for seasonal promotions, different market segments, new product releases, and more.
- Get online. Setting up a website is the first step to establishing an online presence.
- Be mobile friendly. Studies show that consumers use their mobile devices for just about everything! Making sure that your business is accessible anytime and anywhere can give you a competitive advantage.
- Claim your brand online and establish a consistent voice. Your customers and leads can find you faster when your business shows up regularly in search results on sites like Yelp and Google.
- Be social. Use social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to interact with your customers.
- Build an email database (such as MailChimp or Constant Contact) to keep in touch with your customers.
- Use free online tools (such as ahrefs, Google Analytics, and HARO) to establish and manage your online presence.
- Share your story and promote your news. Whether it’s on your blog or through social media, keep your customer base in the loop about what’s going on.
- Research text marketing options to help you easily connect and build relationships with new and existing customers.
- Research paid online advertising options to reach customers on search engines and popular social networks.
- Determine whether traditional advertising is a fit for your business