2017 is now in the SimpleTexting history book. :) Want to see some of the cool things we did this past year? Read our blog to get the highlights.
Howdy, internet friend, and welcome to 2018!
2017 was a great year for us here at SimpleTexting, and we hope it was a great year for you, too.
We thought it would be fun to reminisce a bit about some of our accomplishments from the past year. So, we wrote up a quick, 100% official SimpleTexting 2017 Year in Review Blog … which you are now reading. 🙂
Here are our 2017 highlights:
We launched SimpleTexting 2.0!
One of the coolest things we did was introduce a new version of our software. We call it SimpleTexting 2.0. It features a totally retooled user interface and a responsive design, which means it works seamlessly on laptops, desktops, mobile phones, and tablets.
We also gave 2.0 a much more powerful inbox that allows for effortless one-on-one conversations with your subscribers.
2.0 is a lot easier on the eyes, too. Just have a look at these before-and-after screenshots …
Here’s an illustration that shows how the inbox behaves on different devices:
We also introduced MMS Marketing …
Along with the platform refresh, we powered up our software with a new feature called MMS Marketing, also known as picture messaging, video messaging, and photo messaging.
This feature lets you embed rich media directly in your text messages instead of linking out to it. You can write up to 1,600 characters per text, too!
… and we added our brand-new White Label service
SimpleTexting White Label lets agencies and resellers offer SMS and MMS marketing services without having to develop their own proprietary text messaging software from scratch. Now, you can simply rebrand our platform and add it to your portfolio!
We started writing customer success stories …
2017 marked the introduction of SimpleTexting Success Stories, which tell the tales of SimpleTexting customers who use our platform to … succeed. 🙂 Here are a few we’d like to highlight:
- C3 San Diego used text message outreach to keep their congregation engaged and to connect with first-time visitors
- Unibroue and Megadeth collaborated on a new craft beer called À Tout le Monde, and Stretch Mrk helped them promote it with a Text-2-Win contest
- The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers improved internal communications by sending their members event reminder texts instead of reminder emails
- Eagle Brook Church encouraged new believers to text their decision for Christ at the end of the church service … and they received a whopping 833 responses
You can see all of our stories here: SimpleTexting Success Stories.
… and we continued to write super-fun blog posts
We also found time to write the occasional web log about things that caught our interest in the world of text messaging. Here are some of our favorites:
- Making Behavior Change Stick with SMS Messaging—a blog about two University of Pennsylvania professors and their project to effect long-term change in human behavior
- SFMOMA Sends 2 Million Texts About Modern Art in 5 Days—in which the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art used text messaging to randomly share rarely seen works of art
- The Big Text Message Blunder—our take on why people misunderstand texts and how we can get better at texting. Featuring a Key & Peele skit, the first cellphone conversation, the first use of LOL, and something called EmotionPush, “a system that automatically conveys the emotion of received texts with a colored push notification on mobile devices”
You can read all of our blogs here: SMS Marketing Blog.
We created a super-shareable SimpleTexting sales sheet, too
We put together a handy PDF that summarizes our software and services for anyone who might be interested in text message marketing.
You can download the PDF here: SimpleTexting Information Sheet.
And now, we look ahead
We’ve got big plans for the year ahead. Here are a few of the things on our 2018 roadmap:
- Expand the Custom Fields feature—SimpleTexting already gives you the option to store customer data in a few basic custom fields, but we’re going to expand this so users can add their own fields
- Introduce a new Segments feature—this will make it possible for users to filter their subscribers and target specific audiences
- Enable marketing automation—we’ll be adding features like recurring autoresponders to give you more options for automating text campaigns
- Build iOS and Android apps—because we heard about this new up-and-coming thing called mobile 🙂
- Add more integrations—Constant Contact and Zapier, for example
You’ve reached the end of our 2017 Year in Review blog. Thanks for reading!
Here’s to 2018 🎉 … Stay tuned for exciting things to come!
Send your first message in minutes. Try SimpleTexting free for 14 days. No credit card required.