Fostering a sense of true community is what every church is about, no matter the denomination. Your church is a safe space where folks from all walks of life gather to worship, pray, and engage with the Lord.
For many who attend your services, that 1+ hour of their day is a peaceful time for learning, reflecting, and rejoicing. So, wouldn’t it be nice if they could take a little piece of that feeling home with them to carry throughout the week?
In our ultimate guide to SMS marketing for churches, we talk about some of the ways you can incorporate texting into your greater communications strategy. Among our ideas were several suggestions around delivering the good word in bite-sized portions to parishioners phones.
These kinds of small takeaways are not only a welcome ‘warm and fuzzy reminder’ to your community, but a way to help keep your parish engaged with your work outside of mass.
Whether you’re already doing this, or it’s something you may way to try, we wanted to make it easy to get started. So, we created a list of text friendly (160 characters or less) worship lines perfect to send out to your parish at any time.
We’ve broken our quotes into five categories.
7. “When you have a heart to serve and help others it unlocks something in you” ~Reuben Morgan
8. “The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.” ~ C.S. Lewis
10. “Fellowship is a place of grace, where mistakes aren’t rubbed in but rubbed out. Fellowship happens when mercy wins over justice.” ~Rick Warren
12. “Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” ~ 1 John 4:11
13. “Worship is love on its knees before the beloved; just as mission is love on its feet to serve the beloved” ~ NT Wright
15. “Truth, according to the Christian faith, is God’s love for us in Jesus Christ. Therefore, truth is a relationship.” ~ Pope Francis
16. “Jesus gives us hope because He keeps us company, has a vision and knows the way we should go.” ~ Max Lucado
18. “Jesus is the hope of the world and the local church is the vehicle of expressing that hope to the world.” ~Andy Stanley
20. “Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!” ~ Psalm 31:24
22. “Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God” ~ John 1:12
24. “The most beautiful act of faith is the one made in darkness, in sacrifice, and with extreme effort.” ~ Padre Pio
26. “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”~ 2 Corinthians 9:7
28. “It is possible to give without loving, but it is impossible to love without giving.” ~ Richard Braunstein
29. “Worship is giving God the best that He has given you.” ~O swald Chambers
Now go forth and share all you soldiers of scripture! Because nobody ever complained about a little extra good in the world (or on their cellphones).
Learn more about SimpleTexting’s church texting services.