This position is now filled. Thank you to everyone who applied! ❄️
We’re an analytical bunch here at SimpleTexting and have been known to take a data deep dive into popular TV shows and movies. We’re looking to execute a similar project this holiday season but instead focus on some of the most popular holiday movies.
That’s where you come in. We’re enlisting someone to help us binge-watch 12 holiday movies, identifying trends in dialogue, characters, and more along the way, for $1,000.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a Christmas enthusiast to help us quickly watch 12 classic Christmas movies. In addition to watching the movies, you’ll be asked to take notes and track specific details in each of the movies.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Overall enthusiasm for the holiday season – you’re the type of person who can’t wait until Thanksgiving to dig out the decorations and crank the Christmas tunes
- A love for movies, especially the holiday classics
- Strong attention to detail – nothing gets past you!
- The ability and availability to binge-watch 12 Christmas movies in a short amount of time
- Active social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter
Additionally, applicants must be 18 years or older and a US citizen or permanent resident to apply.
What You’ll Need to Do
We’ve narrowed the holiday classics to this list of 12 that you’ll be asked to binge-watch over one week’s time:
- A Christmas Story
- Home Alone
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Jingle All the Way
- Love Actually
- Miracle on 34th Street
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- The Polar Express
- The Santa Clause
- White Christmas
You’ll receive a separate worksheet to complete for each movie as you watch. You’ll also be asked to chronicle your binge-watching journey on Facebook and Twitter. All movies will need to be watched and all worksheets will need to be completed by December 22, 2019.
What You’ll Get
In addition to the $1,000 payment, we’ll purchase all of the movies for you on Amazon Prime and provide a holiday cheer package to enjoy while you binge.
How to Apply
Fill out the application below and tell us why you’re the perfect person for this job. Applicants’ level of enthusiasm for Christmas will be a strong factor for consideration, so provide what you need to demonstrate how and why you love Christmas the most. The application will close at 3 pm on Wednesday, December 11th, so apply before then to be considered. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. We’ll select and notify the winner by Friday, December 13th.
Terms and Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is SimpleTexting whose principal office is located at 1815 Purdy Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139.
- Employees of SimpleTexting or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.SimpleTexting.com. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on SimpleTexting’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that SimpleTexting can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be December 11, 2019. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries. The selection process will be at the discretion of SimpleTexting. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks designated by SimpleTexting. If the winner does not follow through with the tasks required of them, they will not receive the cash prize of $1,000.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 3 days at the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 1 day of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner specifically acknowledges that the welcome package shall be provided and fulfilled by SimpleTexting, and that the contest is in no way affiliated with the movies included in the contest.
- SimpleTexting will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner will receive a welcome package in the mail.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and SimpleTexting reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
- 1815 Purdy Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- SimpleTexting’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.