SimpleTexting is a tight team of digital professionals who develop and operate a compelling text message marketing software platform—much like Mail Chimp but for SMS marketing. Businesses of all sizes in the US and Canada use us for their SMS campaigns. As a leading player in the text marketing SaaS space we strive to provide a seamless web-based (and soon to be app based) software product that lets businesses send mass text messages to their subscribers.
A seasoned user interface and experience design professional who can help us improve the yet to be released version of SimpleTexting—2.0. Version 2.0 is mobile first and strives to provide a consistent experience across desktop, tablet, and mobile.
We think we’re 75% there and we’re searching for the right fit to take us to the next level and get us to 100%. The right candidate knows how to work in a modern and agile remote work environment. Must be self-motivated and exceptional.
- Help us transition our present UX/UI professional into a HTML5/CSS role.
- Take ownership of the product user experience, designing interactions and` interfaces for SimpleTexting 2.0.
- Lead regular design reviews, and conduct usability tests.
- Create documentation that enables software developers to build software that fosters a delightful user experience.
- Four or greater years of user experience design in building and shipping web and mobile applications. This is not a junior position. We need someone who knows what they are doing and can be counted on to consistently make well informed, coherent, forward thinking decisions independently.
- Excellent functional analysis skills. You should be able to break down complex workflows that include multiple layers of dependencies and reframe them into elegant, simpler workflows.
- Rich understanding of user experience, user research, interaction design, and design principles—particularly emerging design standards such as Google’s Material Design.
- Adept in developing storyboards, information architecture, work flows, user journeys, wireframes, pixel-perfect mock-ups and prototypes
- Expert use of tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Invision, Sketch, etc.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating strengths in designing interfaces that are enjoyable to use
- Understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Great portfolio of work including interaction design and visual design showing refined design sensibility
Email: jobs @ simpletexting.com
– A brief particularized statement about why you’re a good fit for us and a few words about why you’re seeking to make a transition. Not more than 150 words.
– A link to your portfolio or an attachment.
– To be considered, please put ST UX in the subject line.
- SMS Alerts: Class Attendance Up 17%, Course Failure Down 39%
- Harvard Research App Uses Texts to Track Happiness
- How SMS Marketing Turns Auto Dealer Lot Walkers into Leads
- Eagle Brook Church Drives Hundreds of Decisions for Christ with Text Messaging
- The 2016 SimpleTexting $1,000 College Scholarship Winners