Cost, efficiency, ease of personalization, and widespread adoption rates are just a few of the benefits that come with Bulk SMS marketing.
It is one of the fastest, most efficient ways to reach your audience. Nearly everyone has a cellphone, which makes communicating with brands via text the new normal.
If you’re on the fence, or perhaps just looking to learn more, then you’re in the right place. Although we could go on all day, we’ve narrowed it down to the top six benefits of bulk SMS you should be familiar with.
The Top 6 Benefits of Using Bulk SMS Marketing
Not all digital channels are created equal. Especially when it comes to price. Take display ads, for example. A lot of the times, you have to pay for each person who even sees your ad. Yes, even if they don’t click it it.
Email marketing is slightly more affordable. However, most pricing models make you pay extra if you have a large contact list—even if you’re not sending emails to all of them. Sometimes you have to pay extra for customer support, too.
We can’t speak for our competitors, but at SimpleTexting we believe businesses of all sizes should be able to benefit from SMS. All of our plans come with unlimited contacts, unlimited keyword, and unlimited support.
If you start with our smallest plan, each text comes out to just 5 cents.
Most Americans are, on average, checking their cellphones once every 12 minutes. As a result:
- The average response time for a text message is 6,000% (60X) faster than email
- The average response time for a text message is only 90 seconds— compared to 90 minutes for email
- Response rates to SMS marketing are 7.5x higher than email
With the average American having their phone within an arm’s distance at all times, texting is about as close as you can virtually get to your target audience.
3. High Conversions
Similar to the statistics on speed, there is an abundance of research pointing to the strong conversion rates you can see with bulk SMS:
- SMS engagement rates are six to eight times higher than email marketing engagement rates
- SMS verification conversion rates can be as high as 85%
- The average SMS campaign conversion rate is 45%
- SMS produces engagement rates 6-8 times higher than retailers normally achieve via email marketing when used for redemption, data collection, and brand awareness
- SMS marketing campaigns perform 7 times better than email marketing campaigns
- SMS verification conversion rates are 250% higher than email verification
- Retailers embracing promotional SMS programs with fixed time frames and strong calls to action typically see a 23.3% conversion rate for their ongoing mobile CRM initiatives
These days, 63% of people are highly annoyed by the way brands continue to rely on the old-fashioned strategy of blasting generic ad messages repeatedly.
Text marketing makes it easy to personalize your messages. Despite being sent in bulk, they have a more intimate feel.
Features like Data Collection and Custom Fields insert personalized information automatically into messages with one click. Additional tools like audience segmentation go on to separate your subscribers based on things like click behavior and preference. As a result, you can sort your entire audience for optimal customer preference.
It’s illegal to send a bulk text to someone without their permission. But here’s why that’s good news: the people on your subscriber lists have made the conscious decision to join your list, so they are statistically the most likely to interact with your messages.
You can think of text message laws as the red velvet ropes outside a club only letting in the best of the best!
6. Easy Adoption
While text marketing may continue to change and evolve (for the better!) one thing will never change. Texting has been, and always will be native to cellphones. No downloads, no learning curves, no barriers to access.
No matter your audience, texting gives you a way to reach them.
Think these all sound too good to be true? We challenge you to try out service our for free for two weeks. Experience everything these benefits have to boast about!