Here at SimpleTexting, we’ve personally seen how inventive people can be with text messages. Whether it’s SMS business cards or mobile coupons, texting’s simplicity and versatility is matched only by the endless creativity of our users.
But even we wouldn’t have thought of this.
Dairy farmers in Switzerland are using SMS to alert them to when their cows are entering heat. A device that measures temperature and movement is implanted in the bovines; when it determines that the cow’s in heat, it sends a text to the farmer’s phone.
The devices are priced a bit steep, at $1,400 a pop, so don’t expect to see this on every farm just yet. Still, another powerful example of text messaging’s infinite possibilities.
- Millennials and Gen Z: 86% Like SMS in the Interview Process
- Euphoria Found: The Conversion Rate Went Crazy When They Danced with SMS
- 2017 SimpleTexting $1,000 Canadian College Scholarship Contest
- 2017 SimpleTexting $1,000 College Scholarship Contest
- How Dress for Success Uses SMS to Help Women Find Jobs