This position requires a minimum four-hour overlap with 8am-5pm EST and is for bilingual candidates who are fluent in Russian and English.
We’re looking for a mid-level Product Owner/Business Analyst to help us define, prioritize, build and ship features for our web application. In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with a product designer and the agile tech team to maximize the value end users get with new features. You will be responsible for managing your team’s daily goals to achieve high performance as well as holding learning sessions to get feedback from internal stakeholders and customers.
SimpleTexting is the leading web-based platform for SMS marketing and business texting. Our software gives organizations the ability to send marketing campaigns, share important alerts, and provide 1-on-1 customer service using text messages. Thousands of organizations in North America rely on SimpleTexting to connect with their audiences. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofits, healthcare providers, churches, schools, and more. And with a powerful suite of features that includes segments, autoresponders, data collection, and analytics, our platform is designed to help businesses start and scale their text messaging communications.
SimpleTexting started back in 2010 and has grown to the current total of 100 amazing people. We’ve worked as a remote team since the very beginning and love to work together no matter where we are located. That’s why excellent knowledge of both Russian and English is vital for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to gain an understanding of customers and their pain points, suggest improvements to the platform and new features, and translate them into technical specs.
- Define epics/user stories and establish acceptance criteria for functional and non-functional (technical) requirements.
- Collaborate with design, tech, and QAs to prioritize features, remove impediments and deliver valuable features to our customers.
- Work with QAs to determine whether or not acceptance criteria have been satisfied.
- Contribute to the planning, execution, and review of each development sprint.
- Lead/support high-fidelity prototyping and business process design as needed.
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across agile teams, and mentor more junior team members if needed.
Who you are:
- Bilingual: fluent in English and Russian.
- 3+ years working as a product owner/business analyst. You’re familiar with the concept of Agile development and love to be a part of a scrum team.
- Successfully delivered 3+ projects or features as a member of an Agile development team.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated, you can deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with JIRA, Figma, ProductBoard, Miro, and other remote collaboration tools.
Not Required, but a Plus
- Experience building mass messaging and/or one-on-one conversation messenger tools.
- Coming from an organization effectively using OKRs or EOS.
- Certified as Product Owner, Scrum Master, or Project Manager.
- Experience with subscription software and freemium products, additional plus if horizontal SaaS.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time remote position (we’ve been remote for years, long before COVID).
- Unlimited flexible time-off policy with a 10-day minimum. Take the time that you need to operate at peak performance. We don’t limit vacation, sick or personal days.
- Annual team meetups (once we’re able to organize these safely).
- Compensation in US dollars.
How to Apply
Follow this link to apply: https://bit.ly/3qNsxLr