We’re seeking a mid-level Product Designer who’s eager to help evolve our responsive web platform. In this role, you’ll collaboratively zero-in on the customer’s Job To Be Done, test your design hypotheses with users, collaborate with other project stakeholders, and deliver intuitive interfaces with our design system. You’ll be embedded in a cross-functional team and work closely with a Senior Product Designer. This role reports to our Head of Design.
SimpleTexting is a SaaS company that makes it easy for businesses of all sizes to text their audience. Our customers use us to send marketing campaigns, important alerts, and have two-way sales and customer support conversations. Over the last decade, we’ve helped countless organizations better communicate with the people most important to them. We continue to set ambitious goals and are looking for someone who can help us meet them.
- Collaborate closely with teammates, product management, engineering, and business stakeholders to identify requirements and provide thoughtful, creative solutions.
- Communicate ideas verbally and visually through concept designs, flow diagrams, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Utilize SimpleTexting’s design system and contribute to its improvement.
- Support generative and evaluative user research to understand user needs and test hypotheses.
- Ensure that design intent is maintained through development.
- Advocate for the value of human-centered design.
You’re a good fit if you…
- Have a positive attitude and are self-motivated. Someone that can take ownership of an ambiguous problem and collaboratively shape the solution.
- Embrace constructive criticism as part of the design process and can clearly articulate your design decisions.
- Are comfortable thinking and talking about business strategy and systems at scale—not one-off solutions
- Believe in craft and strong design fundamentals, including typography, color, and composition.
- Pride yourself on empowering and supporting the success of your peers.
- Find user input inspiring and want to ground your designs in user need.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience designing for digital products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- A strong portfolio with multiple projects that demonstrate your skills creating usable digital experiences.
- Excellent UI design skills and ability to quickly prototype final screen designs for handoff to the development team. (We primarily work in—and love—Figma, but we’re always interested in discovering new tools.)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and analytical skills.
- Strong self-management skills as well as the ability to work as a contributing member of a multidisciplinary team that is remote-first.
- Superior oral and written english communication skills – for both internal communication and drafting UI copy.
- Familiarity with American small business owners and comfort interacting with them.
- Experience working directly on a SaaS product, or internally on a digital product team.
- Experience with user management or permissioning.
- Experience with accessibility best practice.
- Remote – must be available to work primarily US hours. (Mountain and Pacific time preferred.)
Compensation and benefits
- This is a full-time remote position for a fully distributed company (we’ve been remote for years, long before COVID).
- Unlimited flexible time-off policy with a 10-day minimum. Take the time that you need to operate at peak performance. We don’t limit vacation, sick or personal days.
- Excellent healthcare plan, with 100% of your employee premiums paid for (US only).
- Annual team meetups (once we’re able to organize these safely).
How to apply
Follow this link to apply: https://bit.ly/3xvW3qS