Learn step-by-step how to schedule a showing using text messaging.
We’re not statisticians, but we can assume that more showings = more opportunities for a realtor to close a deal. And unless you have a time-turner handy (text us if you do) you only have 8-12 hours a day to try and squeeze as many showings in as you can.
In order to optimize the number of deals you close, you need a system that will help you:
- Schedule showings right when a lead expresses interest
- Remind attendees of their appointment to reduce no-shows
- Send post-showing follow-ups with more information
- Automate all of these tasks and still maintain a friendly and personable tone
All of this and more can be done with (you guessed it) texting. Before you say it sounds too good to be true, here’s exactly how you can do it!
How to Schedule Showings Using Text Messages
Thanks to texting’s high open rates and rapid response time, you could easily message interested buyers/renters to schedule a showing. You can manage your communications yourself, set it and forget it, or a little bit of both! These steps will award you that text-enabled flexibility.
Step 1: Create a Keyword
A keyword is a short word or phrase that, when texted in to your number or short code, will add a new subscriber to your text list. All SimpleTexting offers plans come with unlimited keywords, meaning you can make one for each of your listings.
If there’s a particular property you want to schedule showings for, you’ll want to set up a keyword (usually the address) and advertise it on your For Sale sign, like this:
Text 222BlandSt to 41404 schedule a showing for this property!
Make sure your keyword and number are visible anywhere you would advertise the showing.
Step 2: Craft Your Automatic Keyword Response
When an interested party texts in your keyword, they’ll automatically receive a welcome message of your choosing. You’ll want to use this space to invite your new subscriber to schedule their showing. To do this you have a few options:
- In your welcome message, you can include a URL to an external booking site to schedule a showing. This is a great option if you use a tool like Calendly or Showingtime to manage your appointments.
- You could invite them to reply to your message with their availability and respond directly to them through your inbox. You can choose to sort your incoming messages by longest waiting or most recently received to give priority as you see fit.
💡SimpleTexting Tip: Create segments for subscribers who have not clicked on your link and set up an autoresponder to send them a reminder after a day or two!
All you have to do is:
- Click on “Subscribers”
- Add a new segment for your keyword
- Specify the criteria that the link from your keyword was not clicked.
4. Create a new autoresponder for your segment with a follow-up message. Be sure to set your autoresponder to go out a day or two after sign-up to ensure your leads have enough distance from your original pitch!
Step 3: Schedule a Showing Reminder Message
In your inbox, you’ll want to create a new message (or go to an existing thread). Once you identify the person you want to send your reminder to, simply type out your message and click on the clock icon next to the send button. You can schedule your message to go out at any future time.
For example, if your client has a showing scheduled October 30th at noon, we would suggest scheduling a reminder message to go out on October 29th at noon!
💡SimpleTexting Tip: If you use an external scheduling tool, check to see if it’s one of the 1,000+ apps connected to SimpleTexting through Zapier. If so, you can most likely create a “zap” that can automatically send a booking reminder text to your clients!
Step 4: Schedule a Thank You Text
Just as you scheduled a reminder text, you can also schedule a thank you message to go out hours or minutes after a showing wraps. Simply follow the same steps from above!
If you prefer to wait until the showing is complete, perhaps to include a personal note based on what you talked about together, that’s easy too. With the SimpleTexting app you can log on and access your dashboard right from your phone. It’s as easy as sending a text from your phone’s native messaging inbox!
With each message, you can include any follow-up information about the property, images, or PDFs you’d like.
That’s it! Pretty simple, right?
No more wasted time with telephone tag or flagged email chains that drag out for days. Cut down on missed appointments and take the headache out of scheduling. Your clients will appreciate the smooth experience, and you’ll no longer feel like you’re dealing with a jigsaw puzzle with every new listing.
Simple, organized, and efficient SMS solutions for an everyday realtor!
Send your first message in minutes. Try SimpleTexting free for 14 days. No credit card required.